This week’s New York Times Magazine cover story is an in-depth and pretty devastating critique of three decades of breast cancer awareness campaigns, especially focused on the Susan Komen foundation. The one sentence summary: Komen’s campaigns aren’t helping to cure or prevent cancer, they aren’t dispensing good medical advice, but they are causing women to live in unnecessary fear.
I'm Danny Silverman, a normal guy in Hull, MA with an interest in law, culture, media, and using technology to bring people together even as we work ever harder to push ourselves apart.
My day job is running computer systems that help keep electricity flowing. I like exploring the outdoors. I catch and throw flying discs for sport. I occasionally pretend to be a runner. Sometimes I take pictures. I'm trying to decipher DIY.
To contact me: zeno@ this site.
2874 posts since May 2001.
- Game of Thrones season 3 trailer 1
- Serious steel 2
Danny Silverman, Stu
- Data privacy and security in 2013: Cloudy! 1
- iPhone lover "confesses" to switching to the Nexus 4 4
Adam Batkin, Yoni, Danny Silverman, Yoni
- Happiness Is A Worn Gun 1
- Video Tour of the International Space Station by astronaut Sunita Williams 1